July 3, 2009
- Gravitation toward everything that is alive and not numb.
- Indifference towards pleasure or pain (temporal flits).
- Truth despite consequences, even mocking others for fearing truth. Socratic.
- Amusement in the natural flow of things, especially when this shatters ideals.
- Enjoyment of theory but advocacy of experimentation.
- Complete comfort with an inert, gray, and mostly dead world as background for the actual performance.
- Awareness of limits, what happens when they are broken, when collapse is imminent, what will be destroyed, how to build it again if desired.
- Good conversation, laughter, and joy even if alone.
- Attracted to the unspeakable, especially when true, and taboos that fear discussion.
- Boundlessly curious and then unbothered by unpleasant findings.
- Adept with every tool in the toolbox, able to forge new ones as needed to win a destiny.
- Expendable and dutiful like a soldier once committed to an adventure.
- Unable to take posturing seriously. Always looking beyond facades, veneers, costumes, titles, and other architecture intended to provide concealment.
- Willing and expecting to stand alone. Thankful for companions that can share even short distances.
Prev: Refuting Marx
Next: Speak your mind, consequences be damned
I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone.
-Rainer Maria Rilke