November 30, 2008
How to interact with me
- I will not understand any movie or television references. Please communicate about real life instead.
- Communication is good. You can tell me anything. I won't freak out but will understand you better. In the worst case I will probably help you bury the body.
- I'm not dramatic. If you provide drama I will retaliate by offering perspective.
- I prefer doing things to not doing things. If I don't know how to do something, I will figure it out. I consider that normal and will expect you to explore and attempt also.
- I tend to have too much energy and will keep going until collapse. When I finally go to sleep it takes me about ten seconds to fall asleep.
- I will encourage you to believe that life is not difficult and to find this true by experience.
- I like having plans and goals. However well conceived, they are subject to cancellation, reprioritization, alteration, and additions. This is normal and I won't get upset when this happens.
- Not aspiring is what disappoints me most. So much is easy and possible, and I will encourage you to do it and help where I can. A life of safe nothingness is not for me.
- I often try to do more than I can and double and triple book myself, but sometimes this results in grand success. This is part of my excess.
- If I like you, I will eventually dream about you and notice your best aspects, often in a spiritual or abstract way. Sometimes I will tell you about these reflections, but in any case they help me appreciate you for reasons not related to any particular event in our interaction.
- If I say too little about you, it is not for lack of thought about you. Give me a hint you would like to hear more and I will tell you everything.
- I have high standards and am highly critical. This is primarily turned on myself and the world broadly. I have near total acceptance of close friends despite awareness of their flaws. I am a fair judge, even of my own flaws. Do not take a critical statement to be malicious when it is intended only as a tolerable fact.
- My humor can be unusual. Do not take it literally.
- I am curious how things work and like exploring hypotheticals. Usually I only want to know where things fit in the universe.
- I am not concerned much about anything short-term. Time passes quickly and the problems or successes of the moment quickly vanish. My interest is in building the future.
- I am very ethnic. This and its implications will probably be initially confusing to you.
- What I don't know is worthy of my exploration if you can tell me how it is interesting and meaningful to you. I consider many maybes and things outside of my experience.
- I have wide interests and preferences. Beethoven might be my closest spiritual companion one day and Nine Inch Nails the next. Both would be correct.
- I cook, clean, do laundry and otherwise run my house. I also write, play music, exercise, dance, and do yardwork. I prefer my days full to empty.
- I am not concerned with the background noise of what most people do or think, nor do I oppose it. Live and let live!
- What I do results from my traits, none of which I chose or had any part in shaping. Everything essential about me has been the same way for as long as I can remember and matches stories of my infancy. Here I stand; I can do no other. I understand and enjoy what I am, and wish myself nothing different, but reject erroneous attribution.
Prev: Time to bleed (pain as transcendable preterite)
I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone.
-Rainer Maria Rilke